Barton Community College will be a leading educational institution, recognized for being innovative and having outstanding people, programs and services.
Barton offers exceptional and affordable learning opportunities supporting student, community, and employee needs.
Mission Information Booklet
Click here for PDF Version.
We will seek to achieve our mission through eight ENDS, four Core Priorities, and five Strategic Goals that define our commitment to excellence in education.
- Fundamental Skills
- Work Preparedness
- Academic Advancement
- Barton Experience
- Regional Workforce Needs
- Barton Services and Regional Locations
- Strategic Planning
- Contingency Planning
- Drive Student Success
- Cultivate Community Engagement
- Optimize the Barton Experience
- Emphasize Institutional Effectiveness
- Advance student entry, reentry, retention, and completion strategies.
- Foster excellence in teaching and learning.
- Expand partnerships & public recognition of Barton Community College.
- Promote a welcoming environment that recognizes and supports student and employee engagement, integrity, inclusivity, value, and growth.
- Develop, enhance, and align business processes.